Cookies N' Cream Cake
Seriously indulgent, easy on the eye but most of all - bloomin' delicious. A three tier chocolate sponge, coated in smooth Oreo buttercream and decorated with a silky chocolate drip - without further-ado here is my freshly updated recipe for this Cookies n' Cream showstopper!
For the Cake
- 750g Butter
- 750g Sugar
- 9 Eggs
- 4tbsp Natural Yoghurt
- 675g Self Raising Flour
- 75g Cocoa Powder
- 5-7tbsp Milk
For the Icing
- 500g Butter
- 1Kg Icing Sugar
- 20 Oreo Cookies
- 1tsp Vanilla essence
- 3-4 Tbsp Milk (if required)
For the Topping
- 8 Oreo Cookies
- 100g Dark chocolate
- 1tbsp Vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven to 160C/140 (fan) and grease and line 3 x 8" tins.
- Now I find it easier to make the sponges in three separate batches - simply because it makes mixing the ingredients together a little easier but you of course can feel free to do it all in one!
- In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time until they are completely incorporated (don't worry if the mixture looks curdled - this can occasionally happen but the problem will go away once the flour is added.) before stirring through the yoghurt.
- Finally, fold in the flour and cocoa powder to form a thick mixture. Then add the milk a little at a time to loosen the batter, giving you a smooth and creamy cake batter.
- If making in three batches, pour into one of your lined tins and repeat the process for the other two cake tins before baking in the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the cake. (it may seem like a long time - and it is! - but the slow cooking time takes this cake to another level of awesome!)
- Remove cakes from their tins and leave to cool completely.
- Once cooled prepare the icing by beating together the icing sugar, butter and vanilla - adding milk if the icing is too thick.
- In a food processor, blitz the oreos into fine pieces before stirring through the buttercream icing.
- Coat the cake with icing, and use a cake scraper to smooth the sides of your cake.
- Pipe eight buttercream roses around the top of the cake and position your oreos on each rose.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl and once completely smooth stir in oil to create a shiny drizzle that can then be used to achieve the drips on the side of the cake.
Subscribe for regular updates on all my latest recipes and please do share with your friends and family!