Browning Bananas? Don't just throw them out! instead use them to whip up this classic cake with a modern twist that is sure to brighten your afternoon cup of tea!
I always use white chocolate in my recipe but if you are not a fan that's not a problem - you could replace the white chocolate with milk or dark chocolate or indeed leave it out all together!
Chocolate aside - I find in a classic banana bread even a teaspoon of cinnamon can really make the difference.
250g Self Raising Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
135g Unsalted Butter
135g Caster Sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
3 small bananas (mashed)
150g White Chocolate (Chopped)
50g White Chocolate (for drizzling)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees (fan).
- Grease and line a loaf tin.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and add the butter before mixing.
- Add eggs, sugar, lemon zest and chocolate pieces and beat until fully combined.
- Pour into your loaf tin and bake for 50-70 minutes.
-Allow to cool before drizzling with white chocolate.
Subscribe for regular updates on all my latest recipes and please do share with your friends and family!