Here is a great combination of some of the best baking treats around which taste like they are straight out of heaven! The classic cinnamon bun gets reinvented when it meets with the gooeyness of the part baked ginger cookie dough! Its not often such tasty treats become one mega all-in-one bake so here I am to tell you how you can make my Ginger cookie dough cinnamon rolls...
Of course if ginger isn't quite your thing you can leave it out of your cookie dough mix!
For the Cinnamon Rolls
- 175ml Milk
- 60g Butter
- 450g Plain flour
-1/2 tsp salt
- 60g Caster sugar
- 1 x 7g sachet of yeast
- 1 Egg
- 70ml Water
- 200g Dark brown sugar
- 100g melted butter
- 1.5 tbsp Cinnamon
For the Cookie dough
- 125g Butter
- 125g Caster sugar
- 100g Light brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 225g Self raising flour
-1/2 tsp Ground ginger (Optional)
- 75g Milk chocolate (finely chopped)
- 50g Dark Chocolate (finely chopped)
- In a saucepan heat the milk until about to boil before removing from the stove and adding in your butter (allow to cool slightly).
-Meanwhile in a large bowl add the flour, salt, sugar and yeast (TIP: put on separate sides of the bowl as salt and sugar can kill yeast).
- To this add your water, egg and milk mixture to the bowl and combine fully before kneading on a floured surface.
- Cover with a damp towel and leave in a warm place for about 10-20 minutes.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and roll out to an approx. 30x20 rectangle.
- Spread top of rectangle with melted butter before topping with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
-Create your cookie dough by mixing the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla together.
- Add in flour and ginger before mixing again to form your cookie mixture.
- Stir in chocolate pieces before taking small balls of mixture and placing them randomly across your cinnamon roll rectangle.
-Roll your rectangle tightly from the shorter side and cut into 5-6 thick bun shapes.
- Place on a baking sheet and leave to prove for 30 minutes before baking at 170 degrees (fan) for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm for the best results !
Cookie dough produced is in larger quantity than required for this recipe - Don't worry -
you can always store in the fridge and eat with ice cream or for cookies place on a baking sheet and bake at 160 degrees (fan) for 10 - 15 minutes.
Subscribe for regular updates on all my latest recipes and please do share with your friends and family!