It's summer! So why not sit back, relax and enjoy some freshly baked cookies? These cookies are so easy to make and barely take 15 minutes in the oven meaning you can enjoy your bakes within an hour! The fresh citrus from the orange combines beautifully with the rich dark chocolate giving a balanced and overwhelmingly delicious treat - Enjoy!
- 340g Self-raising flour
- 200g Caster sugar
- 1tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 120g Unsalted butter
- 3tbsp Golden syrup
- 1 Large egg
- Zest of two oranges
- 60g Chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees (fan) and grease and line a baking sheet.
- Combine the flour, bicarbonate of soda and sugar in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup together in a saucepan before adding to the flour mixture.
- Add the egg and orange zest to the mixture and stir until a dough forms.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes before adding in the dark chocolate.
- Taking golf ball sized portions of dough, roll into balls and place on a baking tray (leaving space between each ball as they will spread out) - repeat until all the mixture has been used up.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Subscribe for regular updates on all my latest recipes and please do share with your friends and family!