Chocolate Oat Cookies
Quick, easy and seriously tasty my chocolate oat cookies are definitely worth a try. They are simple to make and it will only take 30 minutes until you can eat your own freshly baked cookies! Perfect for any coffee break, teatime treat or a quick snack.
- 120g Unsalted butter
- 130g Caster sugar
- 1 heaped tbsp Golden syrup
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- A small splash of boiling water (if required)
- 150g Oats
- 115g Self raising flour
- 300g Milk or dark chocolate (depending on preference)
- Grease and line a baking sheet before preheating an oven to 160 degrees (fan).
- Place the butter, sugar, syrup and bicarbonate of soda in a saucepan.
- Stir together and heat until the butter has melted completely and the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the flour and oats until you form a thick paste.
- If you can still see dry, uncoated, oats add a spash of boiling water to the mixture and stir until it resembles a thick paste.
- Using a spoonful at a time, create small balls of mixture and place on the baking sheet allowing space in between as they will spread out in the oven.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden brown before removing from the oven. Allow to cool completely.
- Melt your chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water.
- To decorate: either dip half a cookie in chocolate before placing on a sheet of greaseproof paper or place chocolate in a piping bag and drizzle over your cookies.
- Allow the chocolate to set before serving.
Subscribe for regular updates on all my latest recipes and please do share with your friends and family!