So easy yet so delicious! These are bound to impress on any occasion - these buns are perfect with a cup of tea to get you into the summer mood. Seriously light and fluffy you'll be left wanting more.
- 550g Strong white bread flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 65g Caster sugar
- 1tsp Fine salt
- 35g Butter
- 15g Yeast
- 2 Large eggs
- 140ml Warm milk
- 140ml Warm water
- Make your dough by placing all your ingredients in a large bowl (making sure the salt and sugar are not in contact with the yeast).
- Use your hands to mix the dough until it comes together before turning out onto a floured surface and kneading for 8-10 minutes.
- Place in a bowl, cover and leave to rise for at least an hour.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and divide the dough into 12 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball before shaping them into fingers.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment before covering and allowing to rise for a further hour.
- Preheat your oven to 225 degrees (fan) and bake your buns for 10 - 12 minutes before removing from the oven and allowing to cool.
- Once cool, make your icing by placing water and icing sugar into a bowl and mixing to form a thick paste.
- Spoon your icing lightly over the buns as the icing will naturally expand over the surface of the bun.
- Serve fresh for the best results.
Subscribe for regular updates on all my latest recipes and please do share with your friends and family!