This recipe takes the traditional chocolate chip cookie to a new level - the addition of Masala Chai tea (served in India over many centuries) gives this bake a distinctly oriental flavour. Chai tea consists of black tea, cinnamon, cloves and anise - its addition makes this bake seriously worth a try....
- 125g Butter (softened)
- 8g Masala chai tea (blitzed into a fine powder)
- 125g Caster sugar
- 100g Light brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1tsp Vanilla bean paste
- 225g Self raising flour
- 150g Chocolate - use dark for this recipe (finely chopped)
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees (fan) and grease and line a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl stir together your butter and masala chai tea until fully combined before beating in both sugars, egg and vanilla.
- Incorporate the flour before adding your chocolate and stirring so that the chocolate is evenly distributed.
- Roll into small balls and place on your baking tray before baking in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool on a rack and serve soon after baking.
Subscribe for regular updates on all my latest recipes - please do share with your friends and family.