Lemon Cheesecake Slices
My no-bake lemon cheesecake slice is simple to make but seriously delicious. It requires minimal effort meaning it is the perfect bake! Just prepare the biscuit base, pour over the cheesecake filling and leave to set - simple.
For the biscuit base
- 300g Gingernut biscuits
- 6tbsp Butter (melted)
For the lemon cheesecake filling
- 6 Sheets of leaf gelatin
- 215g Cream cheese (full fat)
- 170g Evaporated milk
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 90g Caster sugar
- Grease and line a square traybake tin.
- Place biscuits in a food processor and blitz until fine crumbs form.
- Pour melted butter into the food processor and blitz again until a smooth biscuit paste has formed.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon, press the biscuit mixture into the traybake tin and freeze for at least 90 minutes.
- Prepare the lemon cheesecake filling by placing leaf gelatin with 30ml of boiling water and allow set aside to the sheets to dissolve.
- In a freestanding electric mixer (with whisk attachment), or using a handheld electric whisk, place cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and evaporated milk together and whisk until smooth before adding in the leaf gelatin soloution and whisking again.
- Pour all of the mixture over the hardened biscuit base and leave to set in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Cut into slices and serve.
- If kept in the fridge these slices will last up to 3 days.