In these winter months, when light goes really early, there is often only one thing I want to do and that is to curl up on the sofa with my dogs with a cup of tea and a biscuit. These biscuits are the perfect accompaniment for this - their soft, chewy texture goes superbly with a large mug of tea, or failing that, on its own.
What's more, a batch of these cookies barely takes any time to make - so you can curl up on your sofa in no time!
- 4 Large eggs (whites only)
- 350g Sugar
- 365g Ground almonds (sifted to remove any large pieces)
- 1.5tbsp Almond extract
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Fold in the sugar and almonds to form a paste before folding in the extract to loosen it a little.
- Using 1 heaped tsp of mixture for each biscuit, roll into balls of dough and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 170 degrees (fan) for 15 minutes before removing from the oven and allowing to cool before serving.