Mulberry, Rose & White Chocolate Cookies
Everywhere I go, I carry a little black and red notebook which I fill with ideas, flavour combos and future bakes. Written down was an idea to make some rose and white chocolate cookies, so, when I found myself with a free afternoon a couple of weeks ago, I set about this little project. As I got out the relevant ingredients from my baking cupboard (yes...I have a baking cupboard!) I found a small packet of dried mulberries.
Mulberries are similar to blackberries, with a sweet, delicious, delicate flavour - the perfect addition to the rose and white chocolate.
- 125g Butter (softened)
- 125g Caster sugar
- 100g Soft brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 225g Self raising flour
- 1/2tsp Rosewater
- 100g White chocolate (roughly chopped)
- 45g Dried Mulberries
- In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugars together before adding the egg.
- Sift in the flour and add the rosewater and beat to form a smooth cookie dough.
- Fold in the white chocolate and approximately 1/3 of the mulberries before taking a teaspoon of mixture at a time, rolling it onto a ball and placing it on a baking sheet.
- To each ball of cookie dough place a couple of mulberries on top to decorate.
- Bake in the oven at 190/170 (fan) for 12 - 15 minutes or until lightly golden in colour.
- Allow to cool before serving.