Here is my super simple (and I mean super simple) recipe for the perfect Christmas pudding alternative. This pudding is steamed which produces a seriously light and moist sponge texture. Drizzle with a delicious chocolate sauce and serve - honestly you will not be disappointed.
For the Sponge Pudding
- 90g Plain flour
- 25g Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla bean paste
- 95g Golden caster sugar
- 95g Unsalted butter
- 40ml Plain natural yoghurt
- 1 egg (and 1 extra egg yolk)
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 1/4tsp Bicarbonate of soda
For the Chocolate sauce
- 145g Plain chocolate
- 145ml Double cream
- 40g Golden syrup
- 2tsp Vanilla extract
You will also need - 1.2L Pudding basin (greased)
- Into a food processor. sift the flour and cocoa powder before adding the remaining ingredients and blitz until it forms a smooth mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the pudding basin and steam (using either a conventional steamer or a pan of water) for 90 minutes.
- Before the pudding is ready prepare the sauce by placing all the ingredients in a saucepan and heat on a medium temperature until the chocolate has melted.
- After 90 minutes remove the pudding from the steamer and turn out onto your serving plate.
- Drizzle with the chocolate sauce and serve.
(Left overs - if there are any - can be reheated again in the microwave before serving).